Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats' winning streak snapped
A fielding error led to the only run of the game as the Binghamton Mets snapped New Hampshire’s five-game winning streak with a 1-0 Eastern League victory at NYSEG Stadium in Binghamton on Tuesday.
In the fifth inning the Mets scored the only run after it seemed New Hampshire was going to escape the frame.
Dustin Martin of Binghamton singled to open the inning, but was thrown out at the plate trying to score on a double by Wilmer Flores. Center fielder Jake Marisnick fired the ball into shortstop Ryan Goins, who relayed his throw in time to catcher Sean Ochinko for the putout.
Flores advanced to third base on a groundout. With two outs, Eric Campbell of Binghamton grounded to third but fielder Ryan Schimpf committed an error, allowing Flores to score.
Deck McGuire (5-15) got tagged with the mound loss.
The unearned run came during his five-inning stint.
He allowed five hits, walked four and fanned two. Joel Carreno allowed two hits in relief as he pitched three scoreless innings.
New Hampshire stranded 11 runners and out-hit the Mets, 8-7. Brian Van Kirk and Gabe Jacobo each had three hits for the Fisher Cats.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced