Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats defeat Mets, 3-2, for fifth-straight win
The Fisher Cats loaded the bases in the seventh inning and scored the go-ahead run on a free pass, beating the Binghamton Mets, 3-2, to capture their fifth straight victory on Monday night.
John Tolisano worked for a base on balls, scoring Koby Clemens, before a crowd of 2,457 at Binghamton.
Brian Jeroloman singled to lead off the seventh, and Clemens followed with a double against Mets starter Darin Gorski (8-7), who allowed two earned runs on four hits.
Brad McElroy drew a walk, and Ryan Goins reached on a fielder's choice before a patient Tolisano drew a bases-loaded walk for the 3-2 lead.
In the fourth, Brad Glenn (2-for-4) singled and Brian Van Kirk doubled during a two-run rally for last-place New Hampshire (54-74), which swept Altoona before heading to Binghamton (61-67) for a three-game series.
The Mets answered with a run against starter Sean Nolin and later tied the game with a run against reliever Marcus Stroman (2-0), who pitched the sixth inning and earned the win.
John Stilson worked two scoreless frames, and Trystan Magnuson pitched the ninth for his third save of the year.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pat Buchanan: Barack Obama is the spectator President - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama's 'idiot' defense - 1
- Another View: Amendments to the Senate casino bill make it worth passing - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 24
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 1
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire