Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats defeat Mets, 3-2, for fifth-straight win
The Fisher Cats loaded the bases in the seventh inning and scored the go-ahead run on a free pass, beating the Binghamton Mets, 3-2, to capture their fifth straight victory on Monday night.
John Tolisano worked for a base on balls, scoring Koby Clemens, before a crowd of 2,457 at Binghamton.
Brian Jeroloman singled to lead off the seventh, and Clemens followed with a double against Mets starter Darin Gorski (8-7), who allowed two earned runs on four hits.
Brad McElroy drew a walk, and Ryan Goins reached on a fielder's choice before a patient Tolisano drew a bases-loaded walk for the 3-2 lead.
In the fourth, Brad Glenn (2-for-4) singled and Brian Van Kirk doubled during a two-run rally for last-place New Hampshire (54-74), which swept Altoona before heading to Binghamton (61-67) for a three-game series.
The Mets answered with a run against starter Sean Nolin and later tied the game with a run against reliever Marcus Stroman (2-0), who pitched the sixth inning and earned the win.
John Stilson worked two scoreless frames, and Trystan Magnuson pitched the ninth for his third save of the year.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 27
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 3
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
- Page One Editorial: Obama is right - 27
- Taxed tips: Another NH revenue grab - 9
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack