May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Man charged for robbing Dover store with BB gun
DOVER — Police arrested a man Saturday for allegedly robbing a Tedeschi's Food Shop with a pellet gun early Friday morning.
Christopher A. Ross, 18, whose last known address was along Rochester Hill Road in Rochester, was charged with robbery in connection with an incident at the market at 530 Central Ave., which occurred Friday around 1:50 a.m.
After viewing the surveillance video, investigators were able to identify Ross by the help of a tip and determine that he allegedly displayed “what appeared to be a black handgun” to obtain an undisclosed amount of cash before fleeing the store on foot, according to police.
According to court records, the clerk saw a man walk into the store and hand her a note demanding the money in the cash register. After she refused, Ross allegedly pulled out a pellet gun and held it by the barrel. As a result, she handed over between $150 and $200, according to court records
Through an anonymous tip, investigators were able to connect Ross to the robbery and discovered there was a warrant for Ross for a probation violation, which led to his arrest at the intersection of Central Avenue and Oak Street Saturday, according to police.
Ross, who initially refused bail, is being held at the Strafford County Jail on $10,000 cash bail with the conditions he refrain from the use of alcohol or drugs, be monitored by Strafford County Community Corrections Program and take drug tests, if released, according to court records.
Ross entered no plea to the felony charge during his arraignment in Dover District Court on Monday morning. He is scheduled to appear at a probable cause hearing Aug. 30 at 10 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424