May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Two arrested, one charged in escape from jail program
ROCHESTER — Police decided not to prosecute a woman after her boyfriend allegedly escaped from a work release program at Strafford County Jail Annex Thursday.
Shaun Fifield, 35, of 295 A Spring St. in Farmington, was charged with escape and resisting arrest or detention, while his girlfriend, Laurie Tilton, 50, of 15B Moores Court in Rochester, was charged with hindering apprehension.
Both were arraigned in Rochester District Court Friday, but the police prosecutor agreed not to process the case — a Class B Misdemeanor — against Tilton, according to the court clerk.
Meanwhile Fifield remains in Strafford County Jail on $10,000 cash bail with the condition he have no contact with Tilton, according to court records.
Assistant County Attorney Tim Sullivan said he was not sure whether Fifield — who was in jail after being convicted of simple assault and stalking — went to work or not, but he was charged after failing to report back by 6 p.m. Thursday.
“It’s not exactly clear to me,” Sullivan said.
After receiving a report from Strafford County Dispatch, police began searching for Fifield around 7:18 p.m. Thursday after learning he had allegedly not returned from the work release program and was suspected to be heading to Tilton’s home.
Police discovered both Fifield and Tilton were inside the Moores Court home. After Fifield refused to surrender, Tilton let officers inside, where they used a Taser to take him into custody, according to court records.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424