June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Two arrested, one charged in escape from jail program
ROCHESTER — Police decided not to prosecute a woman after her boyfriend allegedly escaped from a work release program at Strafford County Jail Annex Thursday.
Shaun Fifield, 35, of 295 A Spring St. in Farmington, was charged with escape and resisting arrest or detention, while his girlfriend, Laurie Tilton, 50, of 15B Moores Court in Rochester, was charged with hindering apprehension.
Both were arraigned in Rochester District Court Friday, but the police prosecutor agreed not to process the case — a Class B Misdemeanor — against Tilton, according to the court clerk.
Meanwhile Fifield remains in Strafford County Jail on $10,000 cash bail with the condition he have no contact with Tilton, according to court records.
Assistant County Attorney Tim Sullivan said he was not sure whether Fifield — who was in jail after being convicted of simple assault and stalking — went to work or not, but he was charged after failing to report back by 6 p.m. Thursday.
“It’s not exactly clear to me,” Sullivan said.
After receiving a report from Strafford County Dispatch, police began searching for Fifield around 7:18 p.m. Thursday after learning he had allegedly not returned from the work release program and was suspected to be heading to Tilton’s home.
Police discovered both Fifield and Tilton were inside the Moores Court home. After Fifield refused to surrender, Tilton let officers inside, where they used a Taser to take him into custody, according to court records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 24
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424