Goffstown: Mast Road paving to be done at night
GOFFSTOWN — The remainder of the Mast Road paving project will be completed during overnight hours, officials said.
Beginning Aug. 23, paving will take place from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., said Selectman Scott Gross, and the town will not incur any additional cost.
“When the paving company did the initial shimming coat, they approached the DPW about doing the night work at no extra charge,” he said.
Gross said fewer cars traveling on the new pavement will be beneficial.
“If you can keep vehicles off it, that’s a good thing,” Gross said.
At the Aug. 13 Board of Selectmen meeting, DPW Director Carl Quiram told selectmen it would be nearly impossible to keep cars off of the fresh pavement, since there are many turns vehicles make into local businesses.
Night paving will keep vehicles from making ruts in the new pavement, Quiram said.
The project is expected to last five nights, and the schedule will be weather dependent. New paint will be added two weeks after the paving is complete.
After several seasons of work on Mast Road, Gross said the night paving will benefit local businesses, whose owners have been vocal about the loss of business during months of construction work in the area.
“I think it’s a little too late,” said Greg Porter, manager at Empire Pools. “We told them to do this two years ago.”
Goffstown » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial Day events in New Hampshire - 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands