June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Salem police say hired help installed cameras to tape woman, toddler in bathroom
SALEM — A Massachusetts man is accused of rigging cameras underneath a trailer and then hiding there while video-recording a woman and her toddler son as they used the bathroom.
The woman, who resides at 15 Friendship Drive, called police Wednesday night when she saw movement in the air duct in her bathroom floor, looked into it and saw a man peering up at her from underneath the floor vent. “Hello,” the man said, and she immediately called 911.
She told police she knew the man, who they identified as Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass., because she bought the trailer from him and he had done some work on it two weeks ago.
Hobbs was walking south on Route 28 when police located and confronted him. “I did it, it was me under the trailer,” he blurted out to the officers, according to a press release. He was arrested without incident.
According to police, two weeks ago when Hobbs was working on the trailer, he installed two baby monitors — one in the bedroom and one in the dryer duct in the residence. He later went under the trailer and cuts holes in the floor and in the floor vent in the bathroom.
Police said Hobbs stayed under the trailer for nearly two days with food, beverages and tissues, observing and taping the woman when she was in the bathroom. He allegedly had 16 one-minute videos of the woman, some including her nude toddler son.
Hobbs is charged with prowling, criminal mischief, violation of privacy, unlawful wiretapping, manufacture of child pornography, criminal trespassing and burglary.
What's next: Hobbs refused bail and was transported to Rockingham County jail, pending arraignment Thursday in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424