Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Binghamton belts Fisher Cats
MANCHESTER — Raul Reyes broke a scoreless game with a homer to center field in the fourth inning, and Binghamton Mets lefty Darin Gorski went seven innings to beat the Fisher Cats, 6-2, Wednesday night.
Gorski (8-6) didn’t allow an earned run until Ryan Schimpf’s solo homer in the seventh, scattering eight hits before a crowd of 5,904 at Northeast Delta Dental Stadium. Fisher Cats starter Deck McGuire worked four innings and was tagged for his league-leading 14th loss.
Reyes went 2-for-4 and drove in four runs — all with two outs. He went deep off McGuire for his sixth homer of the year, then added a two-run single off Matt Daly in the fifth. McGuire (5-14) worked three scoreless innings before his outing went awry. Reyes, Juan Centeno and Juan Lagares had the big hits, ending the night for McGuire, who gave up four runs on four hits, striking out four and walking three.
Fisher Cats righty John Stilson came off the disabled list (shoulder) and worked a scoreless sixth inning. The Mets loaded the bases in the seventh inning but couldn’t score against Fisher Cats righty Joel Carreno, who began the season with the Blue Jays.
Schimpf went 3-for-4 in the leadoff spot for New Hampshire, and No. 2 hitter Jake Marisnick helped generate a run in the fourth. Marisnick singled and eventually stole third, scoring on Brian Van Kirk’s sacrifice fly. Schimpf, needing a triple for the cycle, batted in the ninth and drew a walk.
The Blue Jays signed veteran catcher Yorvit Torrealba, who has played for the Giants, Mariners, Rockies, Padres and Rangers in a 12-year major league career. Torrealba is expected to play for the Fisher Cats this weekend before joining the Blue Jays.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, Tepera fall to SeaWolves - 0
- Fisher Cats cancelled - 0
- Rober Brown's On Baseball: Fisher Cats' Jimenez back on track - 0
- Fisher Cats score 5 in the 9th to beat Aeros - 0
- After rain, Aeros pour it on against Fisher Cats - 0
- Roger Brown's On Baseball: Fisher Cats' Ryan Schimpf turning on the power - 0
- Familiar foes on tap for Fisher Cats - 0
- Fisher Cats gain sweep in Erie - 0
- Fisher Cats lose despite Nolan's HR - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 15
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time