Wellington State Park named a top spot for boating, fishing
BRISTOL — The Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation has named Wellington State Park one of the top eight places in the country to go fishing or boating.
The survey was part of the foundation’s Take Me Fishing campaign, Nature’s Waterpark Showdown. The park, on the shore of Newfound Lake, also was voted the top state park in the northern Atlantic region by Facebook fans, beating out parks in Maine and Vermont.
The top eight parks were not ranked.
“We are excited for Wellington State Park to be included as a top park in the country,” Phil Bryce, director of the New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation, said in a statement.
The foundation is a nonprofit organization whose mission it is to increase participation in recreational angling and boating.
More information on the recreational activities offered at Wellington State Park can be found at nhstateparks.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?