Home » Opinion » Editorials
Romney’s pick: Mitt strikes gold with Ryan
Mitt Romney did an excellent job overseeing the Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City years ago and he struck gold again over the weekend with his choice of a running mate. By picking U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, Romney makes it clear to Americans what an important choice they have in the coming election.
It is not that Romney-Ryan has the magic bullet that will quickly solve America’s very serious debt and spending problems. It is that their plan is the only credible one and they have the courage of their convictions to see it through.
Paul Ryan, perhaps alone among leading American governing officials right now, has outlined the terrible crisis that confronts us and our children and grandchildren. He understands that the current situation is intolerable and he has written a plan that ratchets back the spending in a responsible way that protects our senior citizens now while also giving our children a solid base for the future.
As readers of this newspaper know full well, we have had our own doubts about Mitt Romney. In choosing Paul Ryan for the ticket, Romney has comforted conservatives while afflicting the leftwing and its media pals. That’s a fine two-for-one.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 9
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse