Home » News » Public Safety
Hikers lost at Castle in the Clouds found safe
MOULTONBOROUGH - A father and daughter got lost hiking Saturday when they went to the Castle in the Clouds without a map.
New Hampshire Fish and Game officers were called to the Mount Shaw trail when Michael Arcidy, 56, of Bedford, and his daughter Chiara Arcidy, 23, of New York City lost the trail due to heavy fog Saturday evening and ended up on a snowmobile trail, according to Fish and Game.
Officers went up with all terrain vehicles to find and rescue the pair, using the GPS in the cell phones of the lost hikers to track their location. They were found safe and brought back to their car around 11:30 p.m.
Fish and Game officers stated the pair had nearly all the necessary hiking gear, except a map. A list of recommended equipment for hiking can be found at www.hikesafe.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 7
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 12
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 18
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 4
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013