PGA Championship play suspended for the day at Kiawah Island
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. - Third-round play at the PGA Championship was abandoned for the day on Saturday with 26 players yet to finish following an earlier suspension due to the threat of lightning.
The players were called off the course at 4:50 p.m. as thunderous storm clouds closed in on the Ocean Course at Kiawah Island and the decision to halt the action for the day was taken nearly two hours later.
Northern Ireland's Rory McIlroy, after nine holes, and Fijian Vijay Singh, after seven, held a share of the lead at six under with Australia's Adam Scott alone in third, at five under after nine.
Four-times champion Tiger Woods, joint leader overnight with Singh and Swede Carl Pettersson, bogeyed three of his first seven holes to slip five strokes off the pace.
The third round will resume at 7:45 a.m. on Sunday with the final round scheduled to begin at 11:44 a.m. with the players teeing off from the first and 10th holes in groups of three.
The final group was expected to tee off at 1:45 p.m., organizers said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: It’s all baseball now for Tito - 0
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Dunn homer paces White Sox over Red Sox - 0
- Red Sox outlast Twins, lengthy rain delay - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- Sox edge Twins in 10, 3-2 - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: Bard tough to watch, tough to root against - 0
- Red Sox catch Rays in ninth - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty