Merrimack's Fischer earns All-American status at USATF Junior Olympics
Merrimack's Caroline Fischer earned All-American status and a podium spot with a fourth place finish in the 1500 meter race at the USATF Junior Olympics in Baltimore, Md.
Fischer also finished 11th overall in the 800 meter. Elise Lambert of Amherst, Rebecca Ntengeri of Nashua, Bailey Carrillo of Merrimack and Mollie Simpson of Manchester just missed a podium spot by 1.01 seconds, coming in ninth in the 4x800 meter relay.
Recent Nashua South grads Kevin Shea, Shawn DeCost and Keith Guay competed in multiple events in their final Junior Olympics Nationals. Shea had the busiest week, competing in the Decathlon (5695 pts 12th place) as well as high jump (6' 4.75” 15th place) and triple jump (42' 3.25” 33rd place). DeCost finished 22nd in the Decathlon with 4886 pts, and Guay finished 41st in the high jump with a 5' 8.75” best jump. Plymouth's Veronica Scott also competed in her final meet, finishing 49th in the 400.
Other Amherst competitors were Mikayla Hickey (23rd in long jump at 15' 4” and 45th in the 100 meter dash at 13.20), Caelan Behn (35th in turbo javelin at 88' 1” and 48th in discus at 73' 7”), Savannah Behn (24th in turbo javelin at 48' 7” and 42nd in shot at 15' 0”), and Makayla Kilcrease (40th in turbo javelin at 45' 10”).
Granite State Flash had 13 athletes compete in 16 events over the week..
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats piece puzzle together - 0
- Texans tap Londonderry's Griffin in NFL Draft - 1
- Patriots make LB, WR top draft picks - 0
- Vikings make NFL Draft splash with three first-round picks, huge trade with Pats - 0
- Top pick Fisher leads linemen's march at NFL Draft - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Patience a virtue for Pats - 0
- Patriots to open, close season with Bills - 0
- Steelers match Patriots' offer, retain wide receiver Sanders - 0
- Patriots re-sign Edelman, make offer to Sanders - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840