Merrimack's Fischer earns All-American status at USATF Junior Olympics
Merrimack's Caroline Fischer earned All-American status and a podium spot with a fourth place finish in the 1500 meter race at the USATF Junior Olympics in Baltimore, Md.
Fischer also finished 11th overall in the 800 meter. Elise Lambert of Amherst, Rebecca Ntengeri of Nashua, Bailey Carrillo of Merrimack and Mollie Simpson of Manchester just missed a podium spot by 1.01 seconds, coming in ninth in the 4x800 meter relay.
Recent Nashua South grads Kevin Shea, Shawn DeCost and Keith Guay competed in multiple events in their final Junior Olympics Nationals. Shea had the busiest week, competing in the Decathlon (5695 pts 12th place) as well as high jump (6' 4.75” 15th place) and triple jump (42' 3.25” 33rd place). DeCost finished 22nd in the Decathlon with 4886 pts, and Guay finished 41st in the high jump with a 5' 8.75” best jump. Plymouth's Veronica Scott also competed in her final meet, finishing 49th in the 400.
Other Amherst competitors were Mikayla Hickey (23rd in long jump at 15' 4” and 45th in the 100 meter dash at 13.20), Caelan Behn (35th in turbo javelin at 88' 1” and 48th in discus at 73' 7”), Savannah Behn (24th in turbo javelin at 48' 7” and 42nd in shot at 15' 0”), and Makayla Kilcrease (40th in turbo javelin at 45' 10”).
Granite State Flash had 13 athletes compete in 16 events over the week..
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats score in 9th to win - 0
- Former NASCAR driver Trickle dead in apparent suicide - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 14, 2013 - 0
- Manchester's Gill Stadium nearing centenial rededication, still going strong - 0
- Red Sox lose to Rangers - 0
- Glenn, Nolan power Fisher Cats to win - 0
- All done: Monarchs elminated from AHL playoffs three games to one - 0
- NH College Roundup: Evans in Pats' rookie camp - 0
- Derryfield defeats Central girls in lacrosse - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Moving Wall in Haverhill asks us to remember
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840