Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Milford woman’s family awaits ID on body
Body identified as missing Milford woman
No information yet on body found near Milford school
MILFORD — Police said they don’t expect to be able to confirm until later this week whether the body discovered behind the Jacques Memorial School on Friday is that of a Milford woman reported missing a week ago.
Police didn’t release the results of an autopsy, scheduled for Saturday morning, to reporters or to William Pillsbury, boyfriend of the missing woman, Lorinda White.
“We’re still in the same spot we were” Friday, Pillsbury said Saturday. “I’m devastated. I’ve cried so much it’s almost hard to shed a tear anymore.”
Police Capt. Chris Nervik said Friday it was too early in the investigation to say whether the body found behind the elementary school and reported to Milford police on Friday morning is the 52-year-old White.
Until an autopsy can be completed by the state medical examiner, there can be no positive identification made.
Nervik said he couldn’t say whether the body was male or female, and until the autopsy is completed, it’s uncertain whether there were any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 1
- Death investigation under way in Manchester, no foul play suspected - 3
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 12
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
- Londonderry emergency shelter will now be open to pets - 0
- Derry school district continues to push its high-achieving students - 0
Gomes walkoff homer lifts Red Sox
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time