Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Milford woman’s family awaits ID on body
Body identified as missing Milford woman
No information yet on body found near Milford school
MILFORD — Police said they don’t expect to be able to confirm until later this week whether the body discovered behind the Jacques Memorial School on Friday is that of a Milford woman reported missing a week ago.
Police didn’t release the results of an autopsy, scheduled for Saturday morning, to reporters or to William Pillsbury, boyfriend of the missing woman, Lorinda White.
“We’re still in the same spot we were” Friday, Pillsbury said Saturday. “I’m devastated. I’ve cried so much it’s almost hard to shed a tear anymore.”
Police Capt. Chris Nervik said Friday it was too early in the investigation to say whether the body found behind the elementary school and reported to Milford police on Friday morning is the 52-year-old White.
Until an autopsy can be completed by the state medical examiner, there can be no positive identification made.
Nervik said he couldn’t say whether the body was male or female, and until the autopsy is completed, it’s uncertain whether there were any suspicious circumstances surrounding the death.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 150
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off