Home » News » Public Safety
Police: Driver hits boy, 16, on bike
LACONIA — A teenager suffered a leg injury when he was struck while crossing the street on a bicycle Saturday, police said.
The 16-year-old boy was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital for further evaluation.
The vehicle’s driver, Devi C. Dhital of Laconia, told police the light turned green for him to proceed through the intersection of Union Avenue and Main Street when the bicyclist attempted to cross Union Avenue directly in front of Dhital just before 7:45 a.m.
Police said witnesses also said the light was green for Dhital’s vehicle.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 4
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 13
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced