Four familiar faces running for Ward 11 alderman
MANCHESTER — Four people, including a former city alderman, have entered their names into a special primary election to fill the board of mayor and Ward 11 alderman seats vacated by the resignation of Russell Ouellette.
Former alderman and retired city police officer Armand Forest is joined in the campaign by Emily Sandblade, Eric Fischer Jr. and Normand Gamache.
Forest served three terms as an alderman until deciding not to run for re-election in 2007. Sandblade, a software engineer, and Fischer, an electrician, also are familiar names in city elections. Fischer served on the Board of School Committee for four years and he and Sandblade ran against Ouellette in last year’s election for the West Side seat. Gamache is a retired city firefighter.
Ouellette resigned last month after being arrested and charged with sexually assaulting a woman in his truck. He was then arrested a second time for allegedly violating his bail conditions.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Board may reverse course, seek full-time AD - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 11
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: School board on the defensive over Cupcake-gate - 5
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Committee balks at land sale to Dunkin' Donuts - 3
- Gatsas wishes 'all the best' to teacher contract negotiators - 12
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Charter official says commission's report is 'not valid' - 4
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Aldermen quietly invite proposals for ambulance service - 5
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Osborne says to let voters decide tax cap issue - again - 14
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Baines is out, let the search begin (again) - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 1
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 57
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
City Hall » Events
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641