June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Two arrested in Nashua home invasion
NASHUA — Two men are under arrest for a home invasion Thursday morning on Arlington Street during which a man was assaulted, kidnapped and zapped with a stun gun.
Police charged George Lopez, 25, of 2 Manorcrest Drive, and Richard Smith, 28, of 72 Manchester St., with kidnapping and robbery, both Class A felonies, after the victim jumped out a window when he was left alone.
Lopez has an additional charge of burglary, also a Class A felony.
According to a news release, the home invasion was reported at 2 a.m. Two men broke into the residence and attacked a man, threatening him with a gun, knocking him to the floor and zapping him with a stun gun.
They forced him out of his home, into his vehicle and made him drive them to 61 Burke St. Lt. Michael Moushegian said the kidnappers left the victim alone inside the Burke Street residence, which allowed the victim to jump out a window and escape.
The three men know each other, police said, and the assault was the result of a dispute between Lopez and the victim, whom police did not identify.
Lopez was held on $75,000 cash/surety while Smith's bail was set at $50,000 cash/surety, pending arraignment Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 24
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424