May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Two arrested in Nashua home invasion
NASHUA — Two men are under arrest for a home invasion Thursday morning on Arlington Street during which a man was assaulted, kidnapped and zapped with a stun gun.
Police charged George Lopez, 25, of 2 Manorcrest Drive, and Richard Smith, 28, of 72 Manchester St., with kidnapping and robbery, both Class A felonies, after the victim jumped out a window when he was left alone.
Lopez has an additional charge of burglary, also a Class A felony.
According to a news release, the home invasion was reported at 2 a.m. Two men broke into the residence and attacked a man, threatening him with a gun, knocking him to the floor and zapping him with a stun gun.
They forced him out of his home, into his vehicle and made him drive them to 61 Burke St. Lt. Michael Moushegian said the kidnappers left the victim alone inside the Burke Street residence, which allowed the victim to jump out a window and escape.
The three men know each other, police said, and the assault was the result of a dispute between Lopez and the victim, whom police did not identify.
Lopez was held on $75,000 cash/surety while Smith's bail was set at $50,000 cash/surety, pending arraignment Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 41
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 7
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 3
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chester police investigating possible home invasion - 0
- Afterschool activities canceled in Jaffrey - 0
- Banker convicted of fraud in scheme involving press maker exec - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 11
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 14
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424