New Hampshire Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
A least tern, 35 roseate terns, and a red knot were seen in Hampton Harbor Aug. 5.
A ruddy turnstone, a sanderling, and 10 pectoral sandpipers were reported from Powder Mill Pond in Hancock Aug. 5.
Two ruddy turnstones were seen in Plaice Cove in Hampton Aug. 8.
Two white-rumped sandpipers were seen in Hampton Marsh Aug. 5.
Two whimbrels were seen on the coast in Hampton Aug. 5.
Thirty one great egrets and 20 snowy egrets were seen in Hampton Harbor Aug. 8.
A great egret and three double-crested cormorants were seen in the pond at New Hampshire Audubon's Ponemah Bog Sanctuary in Amherst Aug. 5.
Two great egrets were seen in Horseshoe Pond in Concord Aug. 8.
Ten black scoters were seen off the coast of Rye Aug. 5.
A few white-winged crossbills were reported from Freedom, Effingham, and Pittsfield, and four red crossbills were reported from Freedom, all during the past week.
A yellow-billed cuckoo was heard in Durham Aug. 6.
Three fish crows were reported from Durham Aug. 3.
An olive-sided flycatcher was seen in Rumney Aug. 2.
Two merlins were seen in Rumney Aug. 3.
A peregrine falcon was seen in Concord Aug. 3, and one was seen in Hampton on the 5th.
A sooty shearwater, four Cory's shearwaters, 42 great shearwaters, six northern gannets, 436 Wilson's storm-petrels, two black guillemots, and a chipping sparrow were reported by birders on a whale-watch cruise out of Rye July 31in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts waters.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via e-mail at: email@example.com. Please put either “bird sighting” or “Rare Bird Alert” in the subject line and be sure to include your mailing address and phone number. The RBA is also available on-line at the New Hampshire Audubon web site, www.nhaudubon.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett school board members grapple with district’s future - 0
- Windham schools reverse post-Sandy Hook ban on dodgeball, other 'human target' games - 0
- How Rosaly’s garden grew into organic Peterborough farm - 0
- Bedford maintains highest credit rating from Moody’s - 0
- Damn Yankees at Leddy Center July 12-28 - 0
- Dan Brown and Joe Stevens Join Prescott Park Arts Festival's Summer Movie Series - 0
- Loeb School Offers Cartooning for Kids Workshop - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samples from the world of Pinot Noir - 0
- Moose Hunt Lottery Drawing Is Friday, June 21, 2013 - 0
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time