Fox attacks, bites couple walking dog in Freedom
FREEDOM — A couple out walking their dog Friday morning on Flintlock Lane were bitten by a fox, which was shot and killed by a deputy, whom it also attacked.
Carroll County Lt. Michael Santuccio said the couple sought medical treatment. Deputy Brian King, who killed the fox, also went to the hospital because of his exposure to the animal and concern it may be rabid.
The incident happened about 7:40 a.m. Officers talked to the couple and then located the fox who attacked them, forcing King to shoot it, Santuccio said. None of the officers was bitten.
The New Hampshire Public Health Lab will test the fox for rabies, Santuccio said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
- Goffstown board sticks with decision to switch library with classroom - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands