How Asian Americans break through the ''bamboo ceiling''
''American life is not easy,'' says Terri Grover, who immigrated from Taiwan in 1969. She now owns a one-room tailor shop located above a shoe store in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. ''Whatever I want I know I will get it because I am working.'' Her advice for her sons, now in the workforce themselves, is simple: ''If you have ideas. Speak up.''
LATEST NEW HAMPSHIRE ANGLE
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial Day events in New Hampshire - 0
- New Hampshire Club News - 0
- No ‘official’ Winni Derby big carch winner announced yet - 0
- Dunbarton neighbors cry foul over proposed chicken barn - 0
- Meredith’s damaged docks expected to be repaired before holiday weekend - 0
- Salem board votes to hire assistant town manager - 0
- Salem town manager defends contract for Town Hall work - 0
- Windham officials proceed with caution on traffic light debate - 0
- Hooksett school board workshop cancelled after two members leave - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Club News
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands