Home » News » Public Safety
Body found behind Jacques Memorial School in Milford
No information yet on body found near Milford school
MILFORD - A body has been found behind Jacques Memorial School, but police are withholding additional information until the state medical examiner's office arrives.
Capt. Chris Nervik of the Milford Police Department said someone reported a body behind the elementary school on Elm Street on Friday morning. Police searched the area and Nervik confirmed that a body was found, but would not say whether it was male or female, or in what condition the body was in.
"Right now, we're waiting for the state medical examiner to arrive before we can release any more details," Nervik said. "We don't know at this point what the cause of death was and we can't say whether there's anything suspicious or not suspicious."
At this point, police are calling it an "untimely death," Nervik said. "It could be a few days before we have any more information."
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats, New Britain split - 0
- Ayotte praises first responders, veterans - 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard holds change of command ceremony - 0
- Sons' overdoses spur father to share his story with others - 0
- Miller ready to spell, but doesn't want to go 'Dutch' - 0
- Weather to slowly improve over long weekend - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: With ground rules, cats and dogs can live together at lake house
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 25, 2013
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions