Home » News » Public Safety
Unidentified body pulled from Piscataqua
PORTSMOUTH — The body of an unidentified man was pulled from the Piscataqua River Wednesday afternoon, according to the U.S. Coast Guard.
The man was spotted by the crew of a fishing vessel floating in the water about two miles west of the Two Kitts Buoy in Portsmouth Harbor, Petty Officer John Matthews said. The New Hampshire Marine Patrol pulled the body from the water and brought it to shore about 2 p.m, he said.
Officials are trying to identify the man, who was clothed when he was found, Matthews said.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 86
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time