Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist from Wolfeboro seriously injured on Route 160
PARSONSFIELD, Maine — A 28-year-old Wolfeboro man underwent surgery for serious head injuries this week after the motorcycle he was riding crashed on Route 160 in Parsonsfield Monday night.
According to the York County Sheriff’s Department, the driver, Adam Schaledaum, was driving an unregistered Kawasaki motorcycle on Route 160 with another motorcyclist, Schaledaum’s friend, David Drew, 30, of Parsonsfield, following behind. Schaledaum failed to turn a corner, hit the road’s shoulder, and he was ejected from the motorcycle.
Drew braked to avoid a collision and dumped his Suzuki motorcycle on the road. He suffered cuts to his legs.
Speed and driver inexperience are likely factors in the crash, said Deputy Bob Carr.
Schaledaum is being treated at Maine Medical Center in Portland, where Carr had heard from doctors that he is expected to “pull through.”
The accident was reported at 5:11 p.m. in the area of 296 North Road, also known as Route 160.
Carr said Maine does not have a mandatory helmet law except for passengers under 18 years of age, and for drivers with less than a year of experience on a motorcycle.
No charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 9
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire