Home » News » Public Safety
Motorcyclist from Wolfeboro seriously injured on Route 160
PARSONSFIELD, Maine — A 28-year-old Wolfeboro man underwent surgery for serious head injuries this week after the motorcycle he was riding crashed on Route 160 in Parsonsfield Monday night.
According to the York County Sheriff’s Department, the driver, Adam Schaledaum, was driving an unregistered Kawasaki motorcycle on Route 160 with another motorcyclist, Schaledaum’s friend, David Drew, 30, of Parsonsfield, following behind. Schaledaum failed to turn a corner, hit the road’s shoulder, and he was ejected from the motorcycle.
Drew braked to avoid a collision and dumped his Suzuki motorcycle on the road. He suffered cuts to his legs.
Speed and driver inexperience are likely factors in the crash, said Deputy Bob Carr.
Schaledaum is being treated at Maine Medical Center in Portland, where Carr had heard from doctors that he is expected to “pull through.”
The accident was reported at 5:11 p.m. in the area of 296 North Road, also known as Route 160.
Carr said Maine does not have a mandatory helmet law except for passengers under 18 years of age, and for drivers with less than a year of experience on a motorcycle.
No charges have been filed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 6
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 153
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 2
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House and Senate reach budget accord - 0
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 31
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
House and Senate reach budget accord
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off