May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Stop sticks end police pursuit in Derry
DERRY — A state trooper working a detail in Derry put out stop sticks that flattened the tires of a Pontiac being pursued by another state trooper.
John Gohlke, 23, of Lawrence, Mass., was arrested on several motor vehicle charges after a brief pursuit that began just after 2 p.m. on Interstate 93 north in Londonderry.
According to a news release issued by state police, Trooper Bryan Plamondon tried to pull over a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix being driven by Gohlke. Lawrence police asked state police to check on the driver who allegedly was driving erratically and had made an unsafe lane change.
The Pontiac refused to stop for Plamondon, resulting in a pursuit from the highway onto South Main Street in Derry where Trooper Chad Lavoie, who was working a detail, put out stop sticks that flattened the Pontiac’s tires and ended the chase.
Gohlke was arrested and charged with reckless conduct, disobeying a police officer and reckless driving.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 11
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Car may have started itself, crashes at Manchester Home Depot - 1
- House votes to ban lead sinkers and jigs over an ounce - 8
- House passes auto dealers bill of rights - 2
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Gambling debate begins following frantic lobbying - 6
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 7
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 2
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 16
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424