May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Former cop arrested in assault at Manchester bar
MANCHESTER — A former Bradford police officer from Bow is under arrest after Manchester police say he knocked a woman unconscious Tuesday night in a downtown bar.
Shawn Spooner, 42, of 29 Dicandra Drive, Bow, was asked to leave the Element Lounge, 1055 Elm St., about 10:40 p.m. due to intoxication and inappropriate behavior reported by witnesses, according to a police press release.
As he was heading out, Spooner allegedly assaulted and slapped other patrons. Police said Pichchinda Duong of Manchester confronted him after he hit one of the individuals sitting with her at a table outside the lounge.
When she did, Spooner allegedly grabbed her and threw her to the pavement. She was knocked unconscious when her head hit the ground. Emergency personnel were treating her when police arrived. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment of the head wound and was later released. At Spooner's arraignment Wednesday, police said the woman required several staples to close the head wound.
Spooner was located and arrested at the Vine Street parking garage on charges of second-degree assault, simple assault, attempted simple assault, and disorderly conduct.
He was arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Court, where bail was set at a total of $15,000 cash/surety, with a probable cause hearing set for Aug. 22 on the felony charge and trial set for Nov. 6 on the misdemeanor charges.
Spooner was convicted of resisting arrest at a Concord restaurant in October 2011. He was arrested at the Green Martini Restaurant on Pleasant Street Extension.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 58
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 1
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424