June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Former cop arrested in assault at Manchester bar
MANCHESTER — A former Bradford police officer from Bow is under arrest after Manchester police say he knocked a woman unconscious Tuesday night in a downtown bar.
Shawn Spooner, 42, of 29 Dicandra Drive, Bow, was asked to leave the Element Lounge, 1055 Elm St., about 10:40 p.m. due to intoxication and inappropriate behavior reported by witnesses, according to a police press release.
As he was heading out, Spooner allegedly assaulted and slapped other patrons. Police said Pichchinda Duong of Manchester confronted him after he hit one of the individuals sitting with her at a table outside the lounge.
When she did, Spooner allegedly grabbed her and threw her to the pavement. She was knocked unconscious when her head hit the ground. Emergency personnel were treating her when police arrived. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment of the head wound and was later released. At Spooner's arraignment Wednesday, police said the woman required several staples to close the head wound.
Spooner was located and arrested at the Vine Street parking garage on charges of second-degree assault, simple assault, attempted simple assault, and disorderly conduct.
He was arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Court, where bail was set at a total of $15,000 cash/surety, with a probable cause hearing set for Aug. 22 on the felony charge and trial set for Nov. 6 on the misdemeanor charges.
Spooner was convicted of resisting arrest at a Concord restaurant in October 2011. He was arrested at the Green Martini Restaurant on Pleasant Street Extension.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- Mass. police officer indicted in Salem sex assault - 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424