May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Former cop arrested in assault at Manchester bar
MANCHESTER — A former Bradford police officer from Bow is under arrest after Manchester police say he knocked a woman unconscious Tuesday night in a downtown bar.
Shawn Spooner, 42, of 29 Dicandra Drive, Bow, was asked to leave the Element Lounge, 1055 Elm St., about 10:40 p.m. due to intoxication and inappropriate behavior reported by witnesses, according to a police press release.
As he was heading out, Spooner allegedly assaulted and slapped other patrons. Police said Pichchinda Duong of Manchester confronted him after he hit one of the individuals sitting with her at a table outside the lounge.
When she did, Spooner allegedly grabbed her and threw her to the pavement. She was knocked unconscious when her head hit the ground. Emergency personnel were treating her when police arrived. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment of the head wound and was later released. At Spooner's arraignment Wednesday, police said the woman required several staples to close the head wound.
Spooner was located and arrested at the Vine Street parking garage on charges of second-degree assault, simple assault, attempted simple assault, and disorderly conduct.
He was arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Court, where bail was set at a total of $15,000 cash/surety, with a probable cause hearing set for Aug. 22 on the felony charge and trial set for Nov. 6 on the misdemeanor charges.
Spooner was convicted of resisting arrest at a Concord restaurant in October 2011. He was arrested at the Green Martini Restaurant on Pleasant Street Extension.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 0
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 5
- Carroll man sentenced to 63 to 127 years for burglaries - 9
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 6
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rabid raccoons in Hanover raise ‘rabies season’ concerns - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Gregg named CEO of Wall Street lobbying group - 1
- Firefighters say casino revenue needed for 'public safety' - 8
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 14
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424