May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Former cop arrested in assault at Manchester bar
MANCHESTER — A former Bradford police officer from Bow is under arrest after Manchester police say he knocked a woman unconscious Tuesday night in a downtown bar.
Shawn Spooner, 42, of 29 Dicandra Drive, Bow, was asked to leave the Element Lounge, 1055 Elm St., about 10:40 p.m. due to intoxication and inappropriate behavior reported by witnesses, according to a police press release.
As he was heading out, Spooner allegedly assaulted and slapped other patrons. Police said Pichchinda Duong of Manchester confronted him after he hit one of the individuals sitting with her at a table outside the lounge.
When she did, Spooner allegedly grabbed her and threw her to the pavement. She was knocked unconscious when her head hit the ground. Emergency personnel were treating her when police arrived. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment of the head wound and was later released. At Spooner's arraignment Wednesday, police said the woman required several staples to close the head wound.
Spooner was located and arrested at the Vine Street parking garage on charges of second-degree assault, simple assault, attempted simple assault, and disorderly conduct.
He was arraigned Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Court, where bail was set at a total of $15,000 cash/surety, with a probable cause hearing set for Aug. 22 on the felony charge and trial set for Nov. 6 on the misdemeanor charges.
Spooner was convicted of resisting arrest at a Concord restaurant in October 2011. He was arrested at the Green Martini Restaurant on Pleasant Street Extension.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Sans dice, how will Hassan roll now? - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
State puts out call for foster parents
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424