May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Manchester man accused in assault, knife threat of girlfriend
MANCHESTER — A man is accused of beating, choking and threatening to slice his girlfriend's throat in an incident in their Elm Street home. The woman told police he was jealous of a former boyfriend.
Police said the assault happened about midnight Tuesday, but the woman did not report it until 5 p.m. that day. She was unable to leave the apartment until 7 a.m. but, police said, later in the day, she obtained a restraining order against Samual Tutt, 34, of 1448 Elm St. and then went to the police station to report the assault.
The woman told police Tutt was drunk and jealous of a former boyfriend when he began hitting her with a laptop computer and throwing her about the apartment. Tutt allegedly pulled her hair and began wrapping an electrical cord around her neck.
Eventually, she said he told her to go to bed, but soon after, when he saw her cellphone on her lap and assumed she was calling police for help, she said he threatened to cut her throat.
He got a knife from the kitchen but police said when the woman took it from him, he began choking her with his hands until she started choking and coughing.
Police said the two went to bed, but the woman said Tutt slept with a knife in his pocket. The woman told police she stayed awake all night, afraid to sleep.
Tutt could enter no plea Wednesday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, to felony charges of second-degree assault and criminal threatening.
He pleaded innocent to four charges of simple assault that allege he pulled her hair, wrapped the cord from her laptop around her neck, hit her with the laptop several times and threw her around the apartment.
A probable cause hearing on the felonies was set for Aug. 22, and trial on the misdemeanors was set for Oct. 14. Judge William Lyons set bail at a total of $15,000 cash/surety.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424