Interim vicar named rector at St. Luke's Anglican Church
AMHERST — The Rev. Dr. Alexander “Hendy” Webb of Peterborough recently accepted the position of permanent rector of St. Luke’s Anglican Church in Amherst.
Webb, who has been serving as interim vicar of St. Luke’s since March of 2011, holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Amherst College, a Master of Divinity degree from the General Theological Seminar in New York City, a Master of Arts Degree in counseling psychology from Antioch University and a Doctor of Ministry degree in marriage and family therapy from Gordon-Conwell Seminary.
According to St. Luke’s, after an in-depth search and many interviews by the church’s search committee, Webb’s name was forwarded to the Right Rev. Brian R. Marsh, bishop of the Diocese of the Northeast of the Anglican Church in America and president of the North American House of Bishops, for his approval. Marsh concurred with the recommendation.
Webb was ordained a priest in 1979 and is the author of several publications and selected sermons. He is a member of the diocese’s executive council and chair of its board of examining chaplains.
Webb lives in Peterborough with his wife, Elizabeth.
St. Luke’s Anglican Church is located at 3 Limbo Lane. A Sunday service celebrating the Eucharist is held at 9 a.m. during the summer with the two-service schedule — at 8:30 and 10 a.m. — returning after Labor Day. The church always welcomes visitors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 2
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 1
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack