Interim vicar named rector at St. Luke's Anglican Church
AMHERST — The Rev. Dr. Alexander “Hendy” Webb of Peterborough recently accepted the position of permanent rector of St. Luke’s Anglican Church in Amherst.
Webb, who has been serving as interim vicar of St. Luke’s since March of 2011, holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Amherst College, a Master of Divinity degree from the General Theological Seminar in New York City, a Master of Arts Degree in counseling psychology from Antioch University and a Doctor of Ministry degree in marriage and family therapy from Gordon-Conwell Seminary.
According to St. Luke’s, after an in-depth search and many interviews by the church’s search committee, Webb’s name was forwarded to the Right Rev. Brian R. Marsh, bishop of the Diocese of the Northeast of the Anglican Church in America and president of the North American House of Bishops, for his approval. Marsh concurred with the recommendation.
Webb was ordained a priest in 1979 and is the author of several publications and selected sermons. He is a member of the diocese’s executive council and chair of its board of examining chaplains.
Webb lives in Peterborough with his wife, Elizabeth.
St. Luke’s Anglican Church is located at 3 Limbo Lane. A Sunday service celebrating the Eucharist is held at 9 a.m. during the summer with the two-service schedule — at 8:30 and 10 a.m. — returning after Labor Day. The church always welcomes visitors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fine Art Fundraising Auction at Museum of Art, UNH - 0
- Volunteer drivers needed in Windham - 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 12
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
Mind your (flea-market) manners
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack