Manchester VAMC event will include information, live music
MANCHESTER — The Manchester VA Medical Center (VAMC) will host a “welcome home” event for veterans on Thursday, Aug. 23, from 5 to 9 p.m. on the front lawn of the Manchester VAMC.
This event will feature live music from three local bands, activities for children and light refreshments, and information will be available from the center’s local veteran community partners.
Staff members from a variety of programs at the Manchester VAMC will be available to answer veterans’ questions regarding VA health care and the programs that VA offers.
Those interested in enrolling in VA health care should bring their DD 214 (discharge from military service) form, which will help with the enrollment process.
This is a family-friendly event and is open to all veterans and their families. Attendees are asked to bring their own seating, including blankets or chairs.
The Manchester VAMC is located at 718 Smyth Road.
Any additional questions can be directed to Stella M. Lareau, public affairs officer at the Manchester VAMC, at 624-4366, ext. 6779, or at Stella.Lareau@va.gov
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pelham High nurse named School Nurse of the Year - 0
- MAKE SURE IT'S ME Opens at West End Studio Theatre - 0
- Harmonica Master James Cotton forced to postpone May 25 Londonderry Performance - 0
- Group continues effort to expand Cotton Valley Trail in Broofield - 0
- For Bedford girl, exploring the world in geography bee a ‘great thing to do’ - 0
- Loon Mountain Resort Unleashes New Obstacles for July 13 Monster Mud Run - 0
- Location Change for N.H. Fish and Game Commission Meeting June 12 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Samuel Adams makes its can debut - 0
- Parents can plan ahead, model healthful habits... and not stress out - 0
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Congo war's legacy follows survivor to NH
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs