Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fishers top Erie, 6-4
Yohan Pino fanned six batters in six innings and was supported by three homers as the New Hampshire Fisher Cats belted Erie 6-4 in an Eastern League contest Tuesday at Jerry Uht Park in Erie, Pa.
Pino (6-7) allowed one run, one walk and six hits in the win. Trystan Magnuson gained his first save of the season.
The Fisher Cats (45-7) got off to a quick start as Ryan Goins led off the game with a double and trotted home when Kevin Howard blasted his fifth season homer to right center field.
Erie answered with a run in the home first as lead-off hitter Daniel Fields homered to right field, the only run off Pino.
New Hampshire went yard again in the third inning as Brian Bocock led off the inning with a solo blast to left field. It was his second homer of the season.
Erie loaded the bases with one out in the fourth inning. But Tony Plagman struck out and Brandon Douglas grounded out to short.
Plagman made amends in the seventh inning with his 10th homer off reliever Marcus Stroman, closing Erie’s deficit to 3-2.
New Hampshire pushed its lead out to 5-2 when, with Jake Marisnick (walk) aboard, Brad Glenn bashed his 16th homer to left field. The SeaWolves didn’t fold, getting both runs back in the home eighth as Plagman and Brandon Douglas each had consecutive RBI doubles. Sean Ochinko had an RBI double in the ninth to complete the scoring for New Hampshire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suit: Claremont's North Country Smokehouse claims $606,011 spent on diamond, SUV, more - 9
- Winnipesaukee watershed association looking to raise its profile - 0
- New Ipswich cemetery’s future is anybody guess after state objects to graves - 1
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 3
- Updated: Winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla.; 2, $1M tickets sold in NH - 0
- No more Winni whoppers: Fishing Derby winner will have to take lie detector test - 11
- Learning the way of the gun in Wakefield - 2
- Peterborough's renovated Adams Pool to open in June - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
License revocations for DWI announced