Home » News » Public Safety
Names of Goffstown accident victims released
GOFFSTOWN — State boating officials have released the name of the two people involved in a Jet Ski accident on Glen Lake Sunday afternoon.
Imtiaz Shaikh, 40, was the male passenger who had difficulty swimming and sank beneath the water after getting thrown off a SeaDoo watercraft as it made a turn on the lake, the New Hampshire Marine Patrol said.
Several people brought Shaikh to shore and performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation until rescue personnel arrived. Authorities said Monday his medical condition has improved and that his life is no longer in danger.
The driver, Elena Birca, 29, was treated and released from the hospital Sunday.
Neither was wearing a personal flotation device, which is required under state law, the Marine Patrol said.
READER COMMENTS: 62
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time