May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Bail set at $15,000 for Farmington woman charged in sex assault of child
FARMINGTON — Police have charged a Farmington woman with sexually assaulting a child for several years.
Laura Faas, 51, of 11 Spring St., was charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault, felonious sexual assault, false imprisonment and tampering with witnesses and informants.
Faas allegedly assaulted the child and told the child not to tell anyone or she would go to jail, according to Assistant County Attorney Tim Sullivan.
Sullivan said that on July 29, the child went to a parent, who called police. Faas was arrested Friday and was being held at Strafford County Jail. Police said the alleged abuse “had gone on for several years,” and more charges may be filed.
Judge Daniel Cappiello ordered bail to remain at $15,000 cash only, with the conditions that Faas makes bail she be monitored by GPS and have no contact with the child or the child’s father.
Faas pleaded not guilty to false imprisonment and tampering with witnesses and informants and is scheduled to be tried for the two misdemeanor charges in October.
As the other charges are felonies, Cappiello entered no plea and scheduled a probable cause hearing for Aug. 16 at 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fremont man returned to face NH charges - 0
- 4 arrested in investigation of heroin sales in Portsmouth - 0
- AG says Belmont murder victims were mother and son, found hacked to death - 2
- Ossipee man charged with stealing guns, chainsaw - 0
- Fourth person arrested in Hollis home invasion - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 3
- Police say man detained as part of investigation into death scene in Belmont - 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
- Bins for clothing, book donations may get identifiers of for-profit owner - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester
Fremont man returned to face NH charges
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424