June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Bail set at $15,000 for Farmington woman charged in sex assault of child
FARMINGTON — Police have charged a Farmington woman with sexually assaulting a child for several years.
Laura Faas, 51, of 11 Spring St., was charged with aggravated felonious sexual assault, felonious sexual assault, false imprisonment and tampering with witnesses and informants.
Faas allegedly assaulted the child and told the child not to tell anyone or she would go to jail, according to Assistant County Attorney Tim Sullivan.
Sullivan said that on July 29, the child went to a parent, who called police. Faas was arrested Friday and was being held at Strafford County Jail. Police said the alleged abuse “had gone on for several years,” and more charges may be filed.
Judge Daniel Cappiello ordered bail to remain at $15,000 cash only, with the conditions that Faas makes bail she be monitored by GPS and have no contact with the child or the child’s father.
Faas pleaded not guilty to false imprisonment and tampering with witnesses and informants and is scheduled to be tried for the two misdemeanor charges in October.
As the other charges are felonies, Cappiello entered no plea and scheduled a probable cause hearing for Aug. 16 at 1 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 24
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424