Dump truck rollover closes section of I-93 in Ashland
ASHLAND — A driver lost control of a dump truck loaded with gravel after a front tire blew out, causing the truck to skid off Interstate 93 north Wednesday afternoon and roll over, according to state police.
Robert Huber, 68, of Bristol was driving a 1988 dump truck at 4:10 p.m. north on I-93 when the front passenger side tire failed. The truck skidded off the right side of the highway, went up an embankment, into a cluster of trees and rolled over onto the driver's side.
Huber suffered minor injuries and was taken to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth, where he was treated and later released.
The right lane was closed in the section of I-93 north near mile marker 78.8, where the crash happened, for several hours while police investigated and the truck was removed.
The crash remains under investigation by Trooper Tim Stevens of Troop F and Sgt. Nathan Boothby of Troop G.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windham Garden Club’s plant sale keeps growing - 0
- Search for Goffstown middle school principal continues - 0
- State Fish and Game rescue Vt. couple off North Walpole trail - 0
- North Country ATV trail opening on schedule - 0
- NH Senior News Briefs - 0
- Pending polygraph, apparent Winni Derby winner says he caught salmon off Welch's Island - 0
- John Harrigan: Time to do what's right for the loon's haunting call in the night - 5
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 1
- A great day for a road race - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
North Country ATV trail opening on schedule
NH Senior News Briefs
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?