May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
State troopers arrest Concord man after highway police chase
A Concord man was arrested on several charges, including aggravated DWI, after a police chase with speeds reaching 80 mph from Bedford to Candia early Monday morning.
The police pursuit began just after 2 a.m. in Bedford, where police tried to stop a 2010 Ford F350 on South River Road. The driver did not stop and instead drove onto Route 101 east/Interstate 293 south to the intersection of Interstate 93 south.
The truck, bearing Massachusetts plates, then got off at Exit 5 on I-93 in Londonderry and reversed direction, continuing north on I-93 to Manchester.
State troopers joined the pursuit on the highway and put out stop sticks about a mile north of Exit 5, which flattened the truck's left front tire. However, the driver continued north on I-93 where it took Exit 6 toward Candia Road in Manchester.
According to a press release issued by state police, the driver went through two sets of traffic lights and continued on to Route 101 east. Troopers put out a second set of stop sticks on Route 101, just west of Exit 3. The truck traveled over the sticks and then took Exit 3 heading south on Route 43 in Candia before it finally stopped.
The driver, identified as James Rondeau, 36, of Concord, was arrested for reckless conduct, operating while being a habitual offender, disobeying an officer and aggravated DWI.
Police said speeds varied from 80 mph on the highways to 45 mph on Route 43 in Candia.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Bedford police at 472-5113 or State Police, Troop B, at 672-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 43 killers on lifetime parole - but where? - 4
- Portsmouth driver distracted by Facebook hits utility pole - 9
- Robber escapes with drugs from Keene CVS - 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424