Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Helliwell sixth, ‘Joey Pole’ 11th in Maine ACT race
In the rain-shortened American Canadian Tour event at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, Maine, on Saturday, ACT point leader Wayne Helliwell, Jr. of Dover finished sixth overall.
Helliwell completed 112 laps in the race. All twenty-nine starters were on the track for the finish. The event was completed in 57 minutes and five seconds with four cautions, the final one coming out for rain.
Joey Polewarczyk Jr. of Hudson ended in 11th place, behind overall winner Austin Theriault of Fort Kent, Maine.
Theriault punches his ticket to the fourth annual Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, Sept. 22, along with Helliwell and Oxford 250 winner Polewarczyk.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The loss of trust - 1
- Publisher's Notebook -- Joe McQuaid: From patriotic displays to saving history - 3
- 'The Shamrock' - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor gave police chief a very hot pepper - 0
- Gate City Musings: Officials' tax excuses implausible - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Moving Wall in Haverhill asks us to remember
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs