May 24, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Former alderman pleads to simple assault charges
Ex-alderman pleads innocent to stalking
Judge sets new bail for ex-alderman arrested second time in a week
Alderman Ouellette resigns following sex assault arrest
MANCHESTER — Former Manchester alderman Russell Ouellette, 45, resolved a case alleging he sexually assaulted a woman he met at a bar by pleading guilty Monday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, to three simple assault charges, although two of them specify he touched the woman's breast without permission.
Under terms of the plea negotiated by assistant Hillsborough County attorney Maureen O'Neil and Ouellette's attorney, James Rosenberg, Ouellette was sentenced to concurrent terms of 365 days in the House of Corrections, deferred for one year.
The plea agreement calls for Ouellette to undergo within 45 days an alcohol evaluation and a sexual offender evaluation and follow up with any recommended programming. He must also provide quarterly reports regarding any recommended treatment.
If he can prove at a deferred sentence hearing on July 30, 2013, that he has complied with all requirements, the court will then suspend the sentences for two years of good behavior.
A charge of false imprisonment, from the original incident July 12 in which he took the victim to Wendy's and assaulted her and kept her from getting out of his truck, was dropped, as was a stalking charge stemming from his appearance at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting July 26 at which the victim was also an attendee.
A bail-revocation motion, which was scheduled to be heard Monday, was withdrawn.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth drug raid nets four arrests for sale of heroin - 0
- Manchester Market clerk robbed by man armed with knife - 0
- Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison - 2
- Man sought for attempting to lure girl into white van near Nashua school - 0
- Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail - 33
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 9
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 3
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 1
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
- This week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- McCafferty nominated for District Court judge position - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424