Home » Opinion » Editorials
Womanizers for Maggie: Hassan embraces Bill Clinton
The saying that politics makes strange bedfellows gets even richer today with Bill Clinton’s scheduled visit to New Hampshire to endorse Maggie Hassan for governor. The fact that any woman would want the serial adulterer and liar-in-chief in the same room, let alone on a public podium with her, makes one wonder about the depths to which politics continues to sink. Is there no bottom?
Clinton’s visit was announced on the Hassan website. There was, of course, no mention of his disgracing himself, the White House and the nation with a female intern. No mention of earlier “bimbo eruptions’’ or of Clinton being impeached for lying to the Congress.
But the announcement was placed just above a release about “Women for Maggie’’ in which it was announced that 125 New Hampshire women had signed up for a steering committee.
One of them was quoted as saying, “Maggie’s strong record of advocating for women and families is why she has earned such strong support.’’
Great. Women and families, and Bill Clinton, too!
What is next for Maggie Hassan, an endorsement from John Edwards?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 13
- Needing answers in Weare: The first step to accountability - 0
- Where terrorists win: The world's one 'kill Americans' zone - 6
- Expanding NH economy: Of energy costs, trains and clowns - 3
- Obama acts illegally: Shaheen parrots his talking points - 64
- Regulations must adapt: Cities cannot squash the new economy - 3
- Offend someone? To jail with you! - 22
- King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis - 42
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers