Home » News » Public Safety
30,000 pounds of hamburg recalled; Hannaford notifying customers
Three NH salmonella cases linked to recalled beef at Hannaford
WICHITA, Kan. - Cargill Meat Solutions Corp. announced Monday it is recalling about 30,000 pounds of hamburg distributed in the Northeast due to possible salmonella contamination.
Three people in New Hampshire have already been sickened by the beef, according to a press release Monday from the N.H. Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health.
Hannaford Supermarkets of Scarborough, Maine, is alerting its customers of the recall, saying consumers should check their ground beef for “use or sell by” dates between May 29 and June 16. Customers will be refunded their money when the hamburg is returned to the store.
Cargill said it initiated the recall as a result of its own investigation and information provided by federal health and regulatory agencies. The 85 percent lean ground been was produced May 25, 2012, at the company's Wyalusing, Pa., plant.
More information is available at the U.S. Department of Agriculture recall website at www.fsis.usda.gov/FSIS-Recalls/index.asp.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Man pulled from Barnstead pickup truck wreck with serious head injury - 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 3
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Will House, Senate continue the feud? - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: City down to the wire on school budget, superintendent - 0
- Service planned for mother of Newtown school shooter - 0
- ENH Power parent firm accused of false advertising - 0
- Soldier from Pelham remembered for self-sacrifice - 0
- New Hampshire energy suppliers announce new alliance - 0
- Mont Vernon murder mastermind drops appeal, citing 'personal and moral' reasons - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Are B's destiny's darlings? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Lackey's performance key for Sox - 0
Fireworks, parade slated in Manchester