Home » News » Public Safety
30,000 pounds of hamburg recalled; Hannaford notifying customers
Three NH salmonella cases linked to recalled beef at Hannaford
WICHITA, Kan. - Cargill Meat Solutions Corp. announced Monday it is recalling about 30,000 pounds of hamburg distributed in the Northeast due to possible salmonella contamination.
Three people in New Hampshire have already been sickened by the beef, according to a press release Monday from the N.H. Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health.
Hannaford Supermarkets of Scarborough, Maine, is alerting its customers of the recall, saying consumers should check their ground beef for “use or sell by” dates between May 29 and June 16. Customers will be refunded their money when the hamburg is returned to the store.
Cargill said it initiated the recall as a result of its own investigation and information provided by federal health and regulatory agencies. The 85 percent lean ground been was produced May 25, 2012, at the company's Wyalusing, Pa., plant.
More information is available at the U.S. Department of Agriculture recall website at www.fsis.usda.gov/FSIS-Recalls/index.asp.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 0
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
- Man burned in North Hampton camper fire - 2
- Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline - 0
- Manchester woman injured in fall from back of motorcycle - 0
- Motorcyclist arrested for driving up to 152 mph - 32
- One hurt, one charged in ATV accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage