Home » News » Public Safety
30,000 pounds of hamburg recalled; Hannaford notifying customers
Three NH salmonella cases linked to recalled beef at Hannaford
WICHITA, Kan. - Cargill Meat Solutions Corp. announced Monday it is recalling about 30,000 pounds of hamburg distributed in the Northeast due to possible salmonella contamination.
Three people in New Hampshire have already been sickened by the beef, according to a press release Monday from the N.H. Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health.
Hannaford Supermarkets of Scarborough, Maine, is alerting its customers of the recall, saying consumers should check their ground beef for “use or sell by” dates between May 29 and June 16. Customers will be refunded their money when the hamburg is returned to the store.
Cargill said it initiated the recall as a result of its own investigation and information provided by federal health and regulatory agencies. The 85 percent lean ground been was produced May 25, 2012, at the company's Wyalusing, Pa., plant.
More information is available at the U.S. Department of Agriculture recall website at www.fsis.usda.gov/FSIS-Recalls/index.asp.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions