Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man seriously injured in car crash
SALEM - A 19-year-old local man was airlifted to a Boston hospital early Monday morning for treatment of life-threatening injuries he suffered after crashing his car into a tree on Millville Street.
The crash happened just before 12:30 p.m. at 137 Millville St. Police said a car operated by Zachary Hicks struck the tree, trapping him inside.
Firefighters had to use extrication tools to free Hicks from the wreckage. He was then transported by Medflight to a Boston hospital for treatment of multiple life-threatening injuries, according to a police press release.
Salem Police TAR Team responded to the crash, and the road was closed for several hours while the scene was cleared and investigated.
The incident remains under investigation, but police do not believe alcohol was a factor in the accident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 1
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
- Two hurt in Epping crash involving bus, five other vehicles - 0
- New Boston man killed in fiery Mont Vernon crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 3
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Volunteer drivers needed in Windham
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?